Sunday, October 3, 2010

Why ACTS?

I first heard of this style of prayer when I was a teenager.  I don't remember the source but this has always stuck with me.  ACTS stands for Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication.  This has always made a lot of sense to me.  It keeps prayer from being a litany of self-serving requests or a long list of bless this person and that person.  It keeps me focused when I don't know what to pray.

Why now?
I'm at a point of remaking my life.  With the support of my amazing husband, I recently quit my job to become a full-time wife, mother, and homemaker.   I have suffered from depression for a long time and really needed to take a break from the daily grind of 9 to 5.  I need to reconnect with my heavenly father.  I'm sorely lacking in self-discipline and feel that I need to focus on this skill in order to make my time at home a blessing.  I'm going to start with praying every morning and I'm going to put it on this blog. 

I'm keeping this fairly anonymous for the time being.  I want to be able to post my prayers without worrying over who is reading them. 

If you are reading this, I hope you'll join me in prayer.  Post a comment or send me an e-mail at ACTSofPrayer (at) gmail (dot) com.

No comments:

Post a Comment